Research Areas and Interests
Dr Anna Targowska
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5405, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO4.120
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5405|
- CHN1102/4102 - Ecology of Children and Families 2
- CSV3108/4108 - Culture, Equity and Diversity
- CHN3203/4211 - Childrearing
- 1993-1997: tutor (sessional) - Children Studies Commercial Programs - Early Childhood Training Certificate, ECU
- 1985-1996: Early Childhood Educator, Lady Gowrie Child Centre
- 1979-1981: Early Childhood Educator (part-time), Lodz-Baluty Pre-school, Poland
- Early Childhood Australia (WA State Branch Committee)
- Community Services, Health & Education Training Council Advisory Group
Awards and Recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2008 - Winner of Edith Cowan University Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching
Research Areas and Interests
- Social inclusion of children and families from disadvantaged groups
- Integrated children services
- Curriculum issues
- Children’s rights
- Culturally appropriate child care for Indigenous children and families
- Inclusion of children and families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Rights of biological children of foster carers
- Children’s well being
- Doctor of Philosophy, Murdoch University, 2006 .
- Grad Dip of Education, Western Australian Institute of Technology, 1984 .
- Master, UNKNOWN, 1979 .
Recent Research Grants
- Development of child and parent centre initiative WA, Department of Education WA, Department of Education - Tender, 2012 - 2013, $45,455.
- Supporting Children and Young People of Foster Carers, Wanslea Family Services WA, Wanslea - Lotterywest Grant, 2011 - 2012, $71,568.
- Evaluation of Save the Children's: It takes a Village Multicultural Early Learning Program, Save the Children Fund WA, Grant, 2010 - 2011, $27,273.
- Recent migrant and refugee families' experiences of settling their children into WA children's services., Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher - Grant, 2008 - 2009, $21,000.
- Local evaluation of East Kimberley initiatives for children & families, Department of Family and Community Services, Grant, 2005 - 2009, $83,502.
- Empowering Young Children and Families from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds, Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth, Grant, 2007 - 2008, $15,699.
- Research of Participation in Organised Sport and Recreation by People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) Backgrounds, Department of Sport and Recreation WA, Grant, 2008, $29,270.
- Consultant to Indigenous child care plan tender FACS/05/T432, Department of Family and Community Services, Grant, 2005 - 2007, $361,805.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Targowska, A., Saggers, S., Frances, K., (2010), Licencing and regulation of Indigenous childcare services. Australian Journal of Early Childhood, 35(4), 30-39, Australia.
- Mills, G., Targowska, A., Teather, S., (2013), I live here too - Jay's story. I live here too - Jay's story, Perth, Australia.
- Mills, G., Targowska, A., Teather, S., (2013), Fostering together: A guide to supporting biological children of foster carers. Fostering together: A guide to supporting biological children of foster carers., Perth, Australia.
- Mills, G., Targowska, A., Teather, S., (2013), I live here too - Rosie's story. I live here too - Rosie's story, Perth, Australia.