Research Areas and Interests
Dr Deirdre Drake
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5020, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO30.212
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5020|
- PSY5188 - Advanced Developmental and Professional Issues in Psychology
- PSY2231 - Developmental Psychology
- PSY1101 - Introduction to Psychology
After originally training as a lawyer, I came back to study psychology as a mature aged student. I have been lecturing at ECU since 2000, prior to that I was a tutor in Psychology and a lecturer in Criminology at The University of Melbourne.
- Australian Psychological Society
Research Areas and Interests
- Adult development and aging
- Psychology and Law
- Adult development and transitions
- Relationships between people and companion animals
- Public opinions about the justice system
- Doctor of Philosophy, The University of Melbourne, 2000 .
Recent Research Grants
- New Directions in FIFO living: An exploration of community and village life by Compass Group and ECU, Compass Group (Australia) Pty Ltd, Grant, 2012 - 2013, $71,881.
- Victims' voices in Family Violence Courts: Developing innovative best-practice models, Edith Cowan University, Grant - Collaborative Research, 2005 - 2008, $75,947.
- Public expectations of appropriate arrangements for children following parental separation, Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher - Grant, 2004 - 2005, $5,995.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Slocum, D., McKillop, D., Allan, A., Allan, R., Drake, D., (2011), Apology and acceptance in intimate partner relationships. Interpersonal acceptance and rejection: Social, emotional and educational contexts, 175-181, Boca Raton, Florida USA.
- Harris, K., Drake, D., Gringart, E., (2013), Military Retirement: Reflections from Former Members of Special Operations Forces. Australian Army Journal , 10(3), 97-112.
- Cooney, A., Allan, A., Allan, R., McKillop, D., Drake, D., (2011), The forgiveness process in primary and secondary victims of violent and sexual offences. Australian Journal of Psychology, 63(2), 107-118, Melbourne, DOI: 10.1111/j.1742-9536.2011.00012.x.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Psychology, Exploration Of Implicit Theories Of Justice With Secondary Victims Of Sexual Assault..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Effects Of Parenting Styles, Academic Self-efficacy, And Achievement Motivation On The Academic Achievement Of University Astudents In Ethiopia.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Protective- Restoring To Maintain Self Integrity: A Grounded Theory Of The Human Experience Of Dog Relinquishment.
- Doctor of Psychology, Secondary Victims' Perceptions Of Justice: Implications For Forensic Psychology.
- Doctor of Psychology, Post-traumatic Growth In Carers Of People With A Mental Illness..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Silencing Violence In The Family: Making The Victim The Problem - When We Remember They Call Us Liars.
- Doctor of Philosophy, 'heartlines'.