Dr Elizabeth Reid Boyd
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5421|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 9400 5833|
Elizabeth Reid Boyd teaches in the Bachelor of Social Science program in Western Australia and Singapore.
Previously Elizabeth Reid Boyd was Director of the Centre for Research for Women, a joint research initiative of the four public universities in Western Australia, Curtin University of Technology, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University and The University of Western Australia. She completed a Ph.D. at Murdoch University on mothers staying at home and the childcare debate. She contributes to a range of international media including social commentary to The Australian, Online Opinion, and as a columnist for Career Chick.
- UNESCO Asia-Pacific Gender Studies Network
- Australian Association for Research on Mothering
Awards and Recognition
- Invited Speaker, International Women’s Day Breakfast, Equal Opportunity Commission. W.A., 2011.
- Invited to Oxford Round Table, U.K., (Gender Issues and Debates), 2008.
- Invited to Australia Future Directions Forum identifying leaders in Australia, 2006.
Research Areas and Interests
- Employability across Diversity
- Youth, Gender and the Body
- Women’s Spirituality
- Stay at Home Mothers
- Body Image and the Media
- PhD, Murdoch University .
- Bachelor of Science, Open Universities Australia, 1995 .
Recent Research Grants
- Employment Literacy: young people, job readiness and employability in Western Australia., Australian Research Council, Grant - Linkage (APAI), 2003 - 2007, $136,976.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Reid Boyd, E., Letherby, G., (2010), Stay-At-Home Mothers. Encyclopedia of Motherhood, 3(200), 1164-1167, London.
- Reid Boyd, E., (2012), Lady: Still a Feminist Four Letter Word?. Women and Language, 35(2), 35-52, Michigan, United States.
- Reid Boyd, E., Moncrieff-Boyd, J., (2011), Swimsuit Issues: Promoting Positive Body Image in Young Women's Magazines. Health Promotion Journal of Australia, 22(2), 102-106, Queensland, Australia.
- Reid Boyd, E., (2008), Applying for your own job: A preliminary study. Australian Journal of Career Development, 17(1), 20 - 28.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Obstacles In Women's Pathway To Principalship..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Employment Literacy: Young People, Job Readiness And Employability In Western Australia..
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Role Of The Internet In Managing Transition During Women's Middle Years..