Dr Eyal Gringart
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5631, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO30.201
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5631|
- PSY1111 - Psychology History and Perspectives
- PSY1204 - Social Determinants of Behaviour
- BSc with First Class Honours in Psychology
- PhD (Psychology)
- The Oxford Round Table
- The Australian Association of Gerontology
Awards and Recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- Australian Psychological Society Prize Winner 1999
- Elsie Harwood Award Winner 2000
- Dean’s Medal Winner 2003
Research Areas and Interests
- Social and Health Psychology
- Human Rights
- Ageing and Employment
- Attitude and Stereotype-Based Behaviour Change
- Body Image in Older Adulthood
- The Psychology of Terrorism
- The Body and Mind Connection
- PhD, Edith Cowan University, 2003 .
Recent Research Grants
- Public Perceptions and Attitudes of the WA Police establishment of a Community Protection Website, Edith Cowan University, ECU Strategic Research Funding ORI, 2013, $8,000.
- Attitudes of employers and older nurses to prolonged working life in the nursing profession in Western Australia, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2005 - 2008, $40,402.
- Testing interventions to promote positive attitudes toward older workers among undergraduate students: A randomised controlled trial, Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher - Grant, 2004 - 2006, $6,472.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Baker, L., Gringart, E., (2011), Body Image in Older Adulthood: Development and Validation of a New Integrative Model and Quantitative Measure., 223, Germany.
- Gringart, E., Helmes, E., Speelman, C., (2010), The Role of Stereotypes in Age Discrimination in Hiring: Evaluation and Intervention., 288, Saarbrucken, Germany.
- Baker, L., Gringart, E., (2012), Appearance in Later Life. The Oxford Handbook of The Psychology of Appearance , 160-171, UK.
- Gringart, E., (2009), Terrorism and global security: Psychological factors and personal perspectives. Terrorism and global insecurity: A multidisciplinary perspective, 125-135, New York, NY.
- Harris, K., Drake, D., Gringart, E., (2013), Military Retirement: Reflections from Former Members of Special Operations Forces. Australian Army Journal , 10(3), 97-112.
- Gringart, E., Jones, B., Helmes, E., Jansz, J., Monterosso, L., Edwards, M., (2012), Negative Stereotyping of Older Nurses Despite Contact and Mere Exposure: TheCase of Nursing Recruiters in WesternAustralia. Journal of Aging & Social Policy, 24(4), 400-416, London, DOI: 10.1080/08959420.2012.735170.
- Gringart, E., Helmes, E., Speelman, C., (2011), Development of a Measure of Stereotypical Attitudes towards Older Workers. Australian Psychologist, N/a(N/A), 1-9, United Kingdom, DOI: 10.1111/j.1742-9544.2011.00024.x.
- Baker, L., Gringart, E., (2009), Body image and self-esteem in older adulthood. Ageing and Society, 29(6), 977-995, United Kingdom, DOI: 10.1017/S0144686X09008721.
- Beel, J., Gringart, E., Edwards, M., (2008), Western Australian General Practitioners' Views on Psychologists and the Determinants of Patient Referral: an Exploratory Study. Families, Systems, and Health, 26(3), 250-266.
- Gringart, E., Helmes, E., Speelman, C., (2008), Harnessing Cognitive Dissonance to Promote Positive Attitudes Toward Older Workers in Australia. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 38(3), 751-778, USA, DOI: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2007.00325.x.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy, Interpersonal Psychotherapy For Depressed Retirees: Developing And Testing A Clinical Treatment Manual.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Body Image In Older Adulthood: Development And Validation Of A New Integrative Model And Quantitative Measure.
- Doctor of Psychology, The Construction Of Wellbeing For Sole Mothers: An Exploration Of The Relationship Between Work, Welfare, Social Justice And Wellbeing For Sole Mothers..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Protective- Restoring To Maintain Self Integrity: A Grounded Theory Of The Human Experience Of Dog Relinquishment.
- Doctor of Psychology, Kohut's Selfobject Needs: Mirroring, Idealization And Twinship.
- Doctor of Psychology, Deconstructing Sex: An In-depth, Qualitative Exploration Of Women's Sexual Difficulties.