Dr Jennifer Loh
- PSY1101 - Introduction to Psychology (National and International)
- PSY3343 - Abnormal Psychology (International)
- PSY5433 - Psychology of Workplace Safety
- 4th year and Postgraduate research supervision
- 2011-present: Senior Lecturer, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- 2008-2011: Lecturer, University of New England, Australia
- 2007-2008: Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of Queensland, Australia
- 2006-2008: Assistant Lecturer, University of Queensland, Australia
- 2005-2006: Lead Statistics Tutor, University of Queensland, Australia
Dr Jennifer Loh graduated from the University of Toronto (Canada) with an Honours BSC and from the University of Queensland (Australia) with a PhD in Organisational Psychology. She is a fully registered psychologist with the Psychologists’ Registration Board of Australia. She is also a member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS), the Academy of Management (AOM), and the American Psychological Association (APA). Her main research interests lies in Organisational Psychology (i.e., dark side of human behaviours). However, she is also very much interested in developmental, health and cross cultural psychology. Specifically, she is interested in investigating the underlying mechanisms responsible for good mental and/or physical health outcomes, especially in vulnerable groups of people.
- Academy of Management (USA)
- American Psychological Association (USA)
- Asian Association of Social Psychology (Asia-Pacific)
- Australian Psychological Society Ltd (Australia)
- Psychologists’ Registration Board of Australia (Australia)
Awards and Recognition
National and International Awards
- 2002-2005 -International Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- 2005-2006 - University of Queensland Top-up Research Grant
- 2006 - Stella Annandale Bequest and SBS Faculty International Fee Waiver Scholarship
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2010 - Vice Chancellor and Deputy Vice Chancellor’s Unit Monitoring Commendation (University of New England)
National and International Research Positions
- 2007-2008 - Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Research Areas and Interests
- Organisational Psychology
- Cross Cultural Psychology
- Life Span Developmental Psychology
- Positive Psychology
- Deviance in the Workplace
- Deviance Psychology
- Cross Cultural Management
- GradCert (Graduate Certificate), The University of New England, 2011 .
- PhD (Doctoral Degree), The University of Queensland, 2006 .
- BScHons (Bachelor of Science Honours), Canada, 1998 .
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Loh, J., Klug, J., (2012), Voices of migrant women: The mediating role of resilience on the relationship between acculturation and psychological distress. Australian Community Psychologist, 24(2), 59-78.
- Brown, V., Loh, J., Marsh, N., (2012), Moderators of workplace aggression: The influences of social support and training. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Organisational Psychology, 5(1), 32-42, DOI: 10.1017/orp.2012.4.
- Loh, J., Calleja, F., Restubog, S., (2011), Words that hurt: A qualitative study of parental verbal abuse in the Philippines. Journal of Interpersonal Violence: concerned with the study and treatment of victims and perpetrators of physical and sexual violence, 26(11), 2244-2263, United States, DOI: 10.1177/0886260510383031.
- Loh, J., Smith, J., Restubog, S., (2010), The role of culture, workgroup membershiop and organisaitional status on cooperation and trust: An experimental investigation. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 40(12), 2947-2968, USA, DOI: 10.111/j.1559-1816.2010.00688.x.
- Loh, J., Restubog, S., Zagencyzk, T., (2010), Consequences of workplace bullying on employee identification and satisfaction among Australians and Singaporeans. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 41(2), 236-252, DOI: 10.1177/0022022109354641.
- Loh, J., Smyth, R., (2010), Understanding Students? Online Learning Experiences in Virtual Teams. Journal of Online Learning and Teaching, 6(2), 335-342.
- Loh, J., Restubog, S., Gallois, C., (2010), Attitudinal outcomes of boundary permeability: A comparison of Australian and Singaporean employees. Cross Cultural Management: an International Journal, 17(2), 118-134, DOI: 10.1108/13527601021038697.
- Gills, R., Loh, J., (2010), The role of optimism in perceived stress and health promoting behaviours in primiparous mothers. Nursing Research, 59(5), 348-355, DOI: 10.1097/NNR.0b013e3181ed6b11.
- Loh, J., Restubog, S., Gallois, C., (2009), The nature of workplace boundaries between Australians and Singaporeans in multinational organizations: A qualitative inquiry. Cross-cultural management: An International Journal, 16(4), 367-385, DOI: 10.1108/13527600911000348.
Research Student Supervision
- Social Determinants Of Health, Coping, And Quality Of Life In Migrants From Burma In Sangkhlaburi District, Thailand.