Dr Vicki Banham
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5530, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO4.106
- CSV3109/4109 Vulnerable People and Communities
- CSV1102/4102 Introduction to Social Analysis
- CHN1101/4101 Ecology of Children and Families 1
- 2002-present: Director, Ngala Board of Management
- 2002-2012: Chair, Accreditation Decisions Review Committee (Commonwealth) Ministerial Appointment.
- 1999-2011: Coordinator, International Programs
- 1998: Head of School, School of Community Studies, ECU.
- 1995-1998: Board Member, Joondalup Community Foundation (Inc) and Trust.
- 1996-1997: Western Australian Work and Child Care Advisory Service - Member
- 1992-1994: Chair of Department of Human Services, ECU.
- 1986-1988: Children’s Advisory Council, [Inaugural Member] Western Australia (Ministerial appointment)
- 1985-1988: Child Care Planning Committee, Western Australia (Ministerial appointment)
Awards and Recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2011: Executive Dean’s Award
- 2010: Vice-Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
National and International Research Positions
- 2002: Visiting Scholar to Centre for Children and Family Studies, Advent Links-SAUC, Singapore
Research Areas and Interests
- Vulnerable people and communities and rights
- Minimising harm - Child abuse and neglect
- Process of learning
Master, Murdoch University .
Doctor of Philosophy, University of South Australia, 2001 .
Bachelor of Education, The University of Western Australia, 1984 .
Teaching Certificate Primary, New Zealand, 1978 .
Teaching Diploma, Other NSW higher ed institution, 1977 .
Recent Research Grants
Supporting Children After Separation Programme,
2009 - 2010, $28,640.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
Banham, V., (2010), Infants and Toddlers and the Power of Play in Developing Young Minds. Play in Early Childhood Education: Learning in Diverse Contexts, 26-45, Melbourne, Australia.
Bennett, E., Hauck, Y., Bindahneem, S., Banham, V., Owens, M., Priddis, LE., Wells, G., Sinclair, W., Shields, L., (2012), The development of an interdisciplinary research agenda at Ngala: An innovative case study. Neonatal, Paediatric and Child Health Nursing, 15(1), 20-25.
Banham, V., Guilfoyle, A., Napolitano-Lincoln, R., Cavazzi, T., (2011), Parental separation and the right of the child to have their views listened to and considered: Reality or wishful thinking?. International Journal of Learning, 17(11), 495-508, USA.
Guilfoyle, A., Banham, V., Cavazzi, T., Napolitano-Lincoln, R., (2011), An Ecological Approach to Supporting Children after Parental Separation: Resilience, Social Capital and Sense of Community in the School Classroom. The International Journal of Learning, 18(1), 315-335, Melbourne.
Research Student Supervision
Master of Social Science, An Examination Of The Mentoring Process: A Study Of The Interaction Between Mentor And Mentee In The Context Of An Adolescent Mentor Program.