Annette is a Senior Lecturer in Biology within the School of Science.
- SCN1111: Health Science 1
- SCI3114: Ecophysiology
- SCI3112: Evolution & Systematic.
- 1988-1989: Research Officer (NH&MRS) Monash University
- 1990-1992: Research Fellow (ARC) La Trobe University
- 2005-2007: TEE (WA) Biology Examiner.
- Society of Australian Systematic Biologists
- Australian Barcode of Life Network
- Australian Society for Limnology
- International Astacology Association
- Australian Institute of Biology, Fellow
- Australian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australia
Awards and Recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 1999 - Teaching Fellowship Award for Excellence in Teaching, Edith Cowan University.
- 2011, 2015 - External panel member on formal review of BSc (Biological Science) Deakin University.
Research Areas and Interests
Annette’s research focuses on biogeography, molecular evolution and microbial ecology. Recent projects include the biogeography of various freshwater surface and subsurface invertebrate and microbial mediated nutrient subsidy into seagrass communities.