Mapping a network drive
This guide describes the steps necessary required to successfully map a network drive connection to the Universities main web development servers. In order to complete the steps successfully, you need to have been granted access to a network share you should complete the Web Author Application form.
- Web01 (http://www.ecu.edu.au) - Is the production web server. You should only place completed files on this server.
- Web02 (http://wwwdev.ecu.edu.au) - Is the development web server. All web development / testing must be first conducted on this server.
- That you are following these steps whilst connected to the ECU network. If you are not connected to the ECU network, you must first establish a secure connection to ECU using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). For information on VPN, please refer to the VPN setup guides.
- That you are connecting with an ECU managed Standard Operating Environment (SOE) computer. Personal computers or non-ECU managed computers will not be able to connect to either Web01 / Web02.
- That you are connecting with an ECU managed Standard Operating Environment (SOE) computer that is bound to the ECU Active Directory System (ADS). Personal computers or non-ECU managed computers will not be able to authenticate to either Web01 / Web02.