Managing web content
As a web content author or editor, you are responsible for ensuring that the content you maintain is timely, accurate and complete.
We must always consider the experience our web pages provide to our online visitors. If the information we provide is in any way incomplete, inaccurate or misleading, this may lead to those visitors being disappointed, frustrated and dissatisfied with the University.
Content on the ECU website must be managed in compliance with the ECU Web Content Management Policy.
Role of web content authors
Web content authors are only concerned with the content contained within web pages for which they are responsible. Specifically, web content authors are responsible for:
- The correctness, relevance and completeness of their content.
- Maintaining their knowledge and understanding of accessibility, usability best practice.
- Ensuring that all content published fulfils ECU policy requirements.
- Monitoring statistics and key performance indicators for online information and services to ensure ongoing improvement.
Role of the Web Business Team
The Web Business Team manages all key aspects of the ECU website. Specifically, the team is responsible for:
- Ensuring ECU's corporate image, style and branding are consistently reflected throughout the ECU website.
- Developing and maintaining the structural elements of the ECU website.
- Managing the University's web content management system known as the ECU WebCMS.