Structure your content
Before you put your content into the ECU WebCMS, check the formatting of your page and consider how you will use headings, downloads and other content types to structure your pages. Information about web page design templates and corporate web style can be found in the ECU Corporate Web Style Guide.
You can view examples of correct page layout options including use of headings on the standard templates web page.
Page titles use the style Heading 2. This style is automatically formatted within the ECU WebCMS.
- Always use sentence case. Title Case is only acceptable for proper nouns.
- Page titles should not be a question or use acronyms.
- Keep page titles short and relevant to the content.
- Avoid using the word ECU in a page title; we know we are in the ECU website. E.g - ECU Security; ECU Alumni.
- Avoid using faculty/centre names in page titles. E.g - Alumni News; Alumni Events.
Left hand navigation bar
- The left hand navigation bar will replicate the page title and should not use acronyms.
- The menu must only include ECU web pages that are housed within that section and sub-sections. E.g. the menu will not take the reader away to an external website or ECU sub-site.
- The menu applies the same naming convention rules as headings and page titles.