NHMRC recipients and Head of School appointments
Friday, 26 October 2012
It is with great delight that I congratulate the following individuals from within our University community.
National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) grant recipients
- Professor Donna Cross received a Mental Health targeted grant worth $620,000;
- Associate Professor Mel Ziman and her melanoma research team received more than $551,000; and
- Professor Beth Armstrong received grants for two different projects - one focussing on the rehabilitation of stroke (a grant of $742,000) and the other on traumatic brain injury survivors (a grant of $634,000).
This has been an excellent result and I join Professor Finlay-Jones, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Advancement) in congratulating our high achieving researchers.
Faculty of Computing, Health and Science: Heads of School
- Associate Professor Moira Sim, School of Medical Sciences;
- Professor Daryoush Habibi, School of Engineering; and
- Associate Professor Andrea Hinwood.
It is very pleasing that following the three external recruitment processes (including an international search), having competed against their peers in other institutions, all three successful candidates were already members of the ECU community.
Faculty of Education and Arts: Head of School
- Professor Christopher Brook, School of Education
Following an international search, it is very pleasing that a PhD graduate from ECU (supervised by Professor Ron Oliver) has been appointed to Head our School of Education. He will be returning to ECU in early December 2012.
Professor Kerry O. Cox