We place these stickers on all air conditioning buttons to create awareness of the environmental impacts
In 2012, ECU was the second lowest user of energy of the Australian Universities that undertake Tertiary Education Facilities Management Association (TEFMA) benchmarking.
In order to reduce our energy use some of the initiatives we have introduced include:
- Offsetting the energy use of our fleet
- Installing the most energy efficient lighting available, and trialling LED's.
- Adjusting the temperature on air conditioning systems
- Installing meters on individual buildings for monitoring
- Setting IT equipment to power saving modes