Staff parking permits are available:
- by payroll deduction;
- through our online payments gateway; or
- by purchasing a daily or weekly permit (referred to as 'scratchies') available from the Co-op Bookshop or food outlets for $3.00 per day or $6.00 per week.
Those staff eligible, (please check with payroll for eligibility), are to complete a staff parking permit application form payroll deduction available from the download menu. Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; sent via internal mail; or hand delivered to Traffic Services. Traffic Services will mail parking permit to home address.
Staff Blue permits and Yellow Reserved are available to all staff, however a waiting list is in place for Yellow Reserved permits. Only students are eligible for Student Red permits. Unfortunately, the option to obtain a parking permit by payroll deduction is not available to casual or sessional staff.
Staff Red permits are only available to those staff who currently hold a Staff Red parking permit.
|Annual Fee||Single Semester Fee|
|Yellow Reserved Permit||$541.40||$326.85||$271.20||$163.95|
* Part-time: Less than those of a full-time employee. Staff second permits: $25.00. Semester 1 Staff Blue permits are available for pay online purchases only.
Transfer of a current permit from one vehicle to another may be effected free of charge through the change of vehicle or address online form. Please note: this will not result in a new permit being issued. If your permit is lost or destroyed you will need to complete the Replacement Permit form instead.
Lost, damaged or destroyed permits (from windscreen damage, vehicle accident, disposal of vehicle, or similar) may be replaced by completing the Staff Parking Permit Application form and a statutory declaration. A $5.00 fee applies and is payable to Student Central (eftpos only). Completed application forms with be forwarded to Traffic Services who will access the application and either issue a replacement permit or advise if not successful. If successful the replacement permit will be mailed to the permit holders home address. Please note incomplete forms will not be processed.
Staff Second permits
Staff with a current ECU parking permit are entitled to an additional permit if the staff member regularly uses another vehicle to travel to campus. Second permits are issued on the understanding that only one vehicle is on campus at any time. To request a second permit complete the Staff Parking Permit Application form (second permit) and lodge it as Student Central. A $25.00 application fee (eftpos only) is payable. Application form, copy of second cars registration papers, and receipt are to be delivered to Traffic Services either in person or via internal mail.
Permit refunds (online payments only)
Permit holders ceasing employment with the University shall be entitled to a refund of the parking fee paid based on the HECS policy. Refunds will be issued against the original receipt used to purchase the permit. Funds will be refunded to eftpos/credit card.
Please read our Lands and Traffic By-Laws prior to obtaining a parking permit.
- A vehicle must display the appropriate parking permit on the bottom left hand passenger corner of the windscreen so the number and year can be validated.
- Parking permits must be clearly visible, must not be defaced, altered or reproduced.
- Permits are issued for a specific person and a specific vehicle. Permits are not normally transferable.
- The granting of a parking permit does not entitle the permit holder to the use of any particular University parking area, only that as the authorised zone of the permit.
- The granting of a parking permit does not guarantee that a parking area will be available when required by a permit holder, nor does it guarantee location proximity.
- A note on the dashboard is not acceptable in place of a permit. If a permit holder is using a different vehicle to normal a temporary permit must be displayed.
- Forged permits are considered a serious offence and may impact on employment or enrolment status.
For any enquiries, contact Security and Traffic Services.