Staff access cards
Access cards give entry to restricted areas or entry to areas outside of normal opening hours.
How do I apply for a card?
To apply for a staff access card:
- you need to complete an application form;
- there is a cost so you will need to know your Faculty/Centre cost centre;
- once you have completed the form, you will need to have your Head of Department authorise the form;
- once authorised, submit the application to Security and Traffic Services for the Joondalup campus and the Campus Support Office for the Mt Lawley campus; and
- the Security and Traffic Services/Campus Support Office will issue you with a card and request activation (this should happen either that day or overnight).
How do I change the access on my card?
If additional access is required you need to follow the above process and document the additional areas you wish to access.
I have lost (or damaged) my card
Lost/stolen cards should be reported immediately to Campus Security via email at email@example.com or by completing the online Access Cards Problem form. Unfortunately lost/stolen cards cannot be replaced, you will need to purchase a new card.
My card is faulty
Should your card not be functioning contact Campus Security via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the online Access Cards Problem form.
After hours – if you are unable to access a building due to a faulty access card contact Campus Security via a campus security telephone and request access to the building. When the Security Officer arrives they will want to see your access card and staff ID card.
I am leaving ECU
Should you leave ECU your access card should be returned to your campus Campus Support Office.