An agreement was signed between ECU and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) in Beijing on the 13 June 2014. This highly-valued partnership with CSC will facilitate the recruitment of students supported by the Chinese Government to undertake a research degree at ECU.
Successful candidates will receive a scholarship which includes:
- All tuition and research fees.
- Living allowance supplement to bridge any gap between CSC entitlement and the Australia Postgraduate Award level (AU$27,000 per annum).
- Return airfares from China to Australia.
- Visa fees, Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the course.
- Opportunities for teaching assistant and research assistant positions.
- A range of free research training workshops, including a 6-week English as an Additional Language course, every semester.
- Access to research and writing consultants at no charge.
Part 1: Expression of Interest to ECU
- Complete an online expression of interest: http://www.ecu.edu.au/future-students/apply/research-applicants
- We encourage you to lodge your expression of interest by 10 December.
Part 2: Formal Application to ECU
- You may be invited to submit a formal application to ECU if there is supervisory capacity in your discipline.
- If successful, an offer letter from ECU Admissions will be provided. The Graduate Research School will then issue an invitation letter for you to submit as part of your CSC application.
Part 3: Formal Application to CSC
- Invitation letters must be submitted to the CSC by 5 April.
- The CSC will issue outcomes letters in May.
- Successful applications must forward their CSC letter to ECU to receive a confirmation of enrolment (COE) (provided all offer conditions have been met).
- Unsuccessful applicants may apply for the second round of the CSC.
Students with a COE can apply for their student visa for commencement at ECU.
International Graduate Scholarship Fair
ECU attends the annual International Graduate Scholarship Fair (IGSF) organised by the China Scholarship Council. The fair is typically held in mid-late October.
For more information contact the Graduate Research School: email@example.com