Established in 2011, our office comprises of two units – the Governance Services unit and the Records and Archives Management Services unit.
The work of Governance Services includes:
- providing support and advice to the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor on governance; enhancing governance and compliance processes through high quality support to Council, Council Committees and Boards, and designated Vice-Chancellor’s committees.;
- managing amendments to the ECU Act and its subsidiary legislation;
- coordinating the policy and delegations frameworks to improve decision-making and accountability;
- handling of formal student complaints;
- enhancing communication with the student body through ongoing dialogue with the Student Guild on governance-related matters;
- coordinating student input into relevant decision-making forums;
- managing the elections processes; and
- managing compliance with FOI legislation and the handling of information access requests; and coordinating responses to requests from the State Ombudsman's Office and other external agencies, particularly in relation to student-related complaints.
The Records and Archives Management Services (RAMS) business unit is responsible for records management, governance, administration, management, education, and regulation.
Our primary role is to provide an effective framework of management controls including: the tools and techniques; training and support programs; quality assurance and monitoring; and management analysis and reporting.