ECU's research policy carries two main themes: concentration and collaboration.
We have concentrated our expertise and effort on areas of research where we have experience and a well-documented track record. This focus has contributed to policy development, improving professional practice and delivering tangible outcomes.
Research areas include:
ECU's research in these fields complements and contributes to both Australian and State Government identified research priority areas.
Collaboration is a key theme at ECU with a dual focus. It involves collaboration in research:
- across faculties and schools within ECU; and
- with an increasing range of external local, national and international partners.
Broadening an already extensive network of collaborations, major new research partnerships have been established with State and Federal Centres of Excellence, CSIRO Collaborative Research flagships and Australian Research Council networks.
- Business and Society - Working for a more competitive economy (PDF File, 285.0 KB)
- Communications and Creative Arts - Fostering creative research practice (PDF File, 272.3 KB)
- ECU is making a difference (PDF File, 255.7 KB)
- Education at ECU - Transforming teaching and learning (PDF File, 359.3 KB)
- Engineering and ICT - Finding solutions to real-world problems (PDF File, 384.1 KB)
- Environment and Sustainability - Understanding ecosystems and our impact (PDF File, 302.7 KB)
- Health and Wellness - Tackling disease and improving wellbeing (PDF File, 376.7 KB)
- Security, Law & Justice - Transforming legal and social systems (PDF File, 280.9 KB)
- Social and Community - Improving the lives of all Australians (PDF File, 282.8 KB)