Engineering research encompasses a broad range of areas across the core disciplines of civil, mechanical and electrical engineering.
Electrical and Electronic Engineering research includes:
- communication networking technologies;
- optoelectronics and microphotonics;
- visual information processing and
- smart energy systems.
Mechanical Engineering research includes:
- nano-engineered materials;
- thermofluids research for energy generation and transfer; and
- research into production technologies and machine configuration to improve the efficiency of production systems.
Civil Engineering research includes:
- complex soil retention and stabilising technologies for foundation design; and
- vibration research for tall buildings.