Your participation in one of our care packages enables you to attend the IpAC Unit over a six-week period with two one-hour sessions each week with a variety of health disciplines.
Care packages are flexible in their delivery of the program and our booking staff will make every effort to accommodate your availability for appointment attendance. When you finalise your care package, you will receive a summary of your activities in the consultations, for you to keep.
Care packages include:
- Communication for everyday living;
- Diabetes management;
- General wellness / healthy ageing with a chronic disease;
- Weight control;
- Stress management; and
- Cardiac rehabilitation program.
Benefits of the care packages include:
- a holistic care program tailored to your chronic health issues;
- consultations with qualified allied health professionals;
- an opportunity to contribute to the training and education of the future health workforce;
- access to a variety of health and wellness assessments; and
- support and education for chronic disease self-management.
On the day of your appointment please ensure you bring:
- GP referral letter including any relevant health history (if you have been referred by your GP);
- a list of medications that you are currently taking;
- any medications you may require during your time at the IpAC Unit; and
- walking aids, hearing aids or glasses if required.
If you have an appointment with an Exercise Physiologist or Physiotherapist please ensure you wear comfortable clothing, and flat, enclosed shoes. Also bring a bottle of water and small towel.