The Centre was established in 2003 following the receipt of grant funding from the Commonwealth Department of Employment, Workplace Relations and Small Business as part of their Business Incubator program. The City of Joondalup and LotteriesWest also provided additional funding, while ECU provided the land and a significant financial contribution.
Since 2005 the Centre has been one of the most successful business incubators in Western Australia, with 100 per cent occupancy rate. The Centre was extended adding almost 200m2 of additional office space in 2011.
- the operation of an incubator for small business, research and commercial innovation activities that is financially self - sustaining and operates at maximum capacity;
- the provision of accommodation and services for business incubation and new commercial research ventures;
- the provision of workplace opportunities where ECU students are engaged or employed;
- the creation of employment within the Cities of Stirling, Joondalup and Wanneroo; and
- to regularly review its operations to meet contemporary needs of small business incubation, research and commercial innovation activities.