Top of page
Global Site Navigation


Local Section Navigation

Help us improve our content by rating this page.

Page rating system

Please leave a comment about your rating so we can better understand how we might improve the page.

You are here: Main Content

Public complaints

Edith Cowan University takes complaints seriously. The University will work to ensure that your complaint is managed in a professional manner and aims to resolve all complaints. Our knowledge of your experience will be considered in future planning to improve services.

Who can make a public complaint?

Any member of the public can make a complaint to the University. A public complaint can also be made by any staff member or student whose complaint arises outside their employment or enrolment at the University.

Informal complaint

We do encourage you to raise your complaint in the first instance with the person concerned and attempt to resolve the complaint informally. This is appropriate where you feel comfortable with making a direct approach. If you require assistance in raising your complaint informally, you can contact the Manager – Compliance, Complaints and Integrity (contact details below) to discuss.

Formal complaint

Should an informal resolution not be achievable, you may need to lodge a formal complaint. A formal complaint must be in writing, preferably using the Complaints Form. Download and complete the form, then post or email it to:

Senior Complaints, Compliance and Integrity Advisor
Strategic and Governance Services
Edith Cowan University
270 Joondalup Drive
Joondalup  WA  6027

Without the form

If necessary, you can make a complaint in writing without the form as long as you include:

  • your name and your contact details – letting us know the best way to contact you
  • a description of what occurred with any of the following information that you can provide:
    • name of the person or section of the University that is the subject of your complaint
    • when it happened (time and date if possible)
    • where it happened
    • what happened – be as specific as possible
  • what you hope the outcome of your complaint will be

Policies and procedures

For more information on procedures relating to the receipt and resolution of public complaints, see the Public Complaints Policy.

External redress

If you are dissatisfied with the way the University has resolved your complaint, there are external agencies you may wish to contact in respect of your complaint. These include:

Skip to top of page