For students interested in pursuing a fast-paced career in stockbroking, investment banking, financial advice, and in the finance division of any corporation.
This major equips students with the necessary knowledge and employability skills, such as leadership, teamwork, critical thinking, communication and problem-solving required for success in the industry.
Availability & Campus
Students can apply for membership with Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA). Graduates are eligible for membership with Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA).
Graduates are eligible to apply for membership with the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA). They will also meet the academic requirements for professional membership.
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
For more detailed unit information for this Major take a look at our Handbook. To organise your life for next semester visit the Semester timetable.Student handbook
- Collaborate in team settings to produce measurable outcomes and evaluate team processes in a business environment.
- Communicate and convey business knowledge, advice and ideas clearly in both written and oral formats, using relevant levels of technology and transliteracy proficiency.
- Demonstrate in depth, broad and coherent knowledge of the theories, underlying principles, concepts and techniques in finance as a basis for independent lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate initiative and judgement to identify, plan, make decisions and solve financial problems.
- Exercise critical thinking and judgement to recommend appropriate solutions to solve unpredictable and sometimes complex finance problems and issues using social, ethical, economic, regulatory and global perspectives.
- Obtain, analyse and interpret finance information applying an international perspective to create, manage or adapt innovative ideas, concepts or techniques.
- Reflect on and evaluate personal practices and performance feedback to identify opportunities for learning in the context of employment and life.
- Review, analyse and synthesise theoretical finance knowledge and its practical application in the spheres of investment analysis, credit assessment and financial modelling.
Potential careers exist in the financial services sector including, banking, financial advisory, financial planning, investment advisory and other financial consulting both in industry and government. There are opportunities for finance graduates in quantitative and analytical fields such as financial modelling, risk and investment analytics.
Possible future job titles
Bank Officer, Investment Analyst, Financial Analyst, Corporate Advisory, Paraplanner, Financial Planner, Wealth Manager