Human Resource Management Major
Unit set overview
Availability & Campus
This Major has been Accredited by: Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI).
This professional recognition only applies when you study this Major in one of the following courses:
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|MAN2145||Human Resource Management||15|
|MAN3205||Strategic Human Resource Management||15|
|MAN3645||Recruitment & Retention||15|
|MAN3246||International and Comparative Human Resource Management||15|
Note: Students may enrol in INB3700 Study Tour in place of MAN3246 International and Comparative HRM, with approval of the Course Coordinator.
- Apply broad human resource management knowledge to a range of business situations, incorporating international/global/cultural perspectives.
- Access, analyse and critically evaluate relevant information to solve challenging human resource management problems systematically.
- Communicate human resource management knowledge, concepts and advice persuasively and clearly in both written and oral formats, using relevant technology.
- Collaborate effectively in team settings to produce measurable outcomes.
- Generate creative ideas for human resource innovations that respond to opportunities and constant change.
- Reflect on feedback and critique one's own performance in order to identify and plan opportunities for development.
- Value professional behaviours and/or personal citizenship that reflect an appreciation of the interrelationship between human resource ethics and corporate social responsibility.
Employment opportunities for graduates exist in industrial relations, training, recruitment and change management, safety and risk management, and performance management. Human resource management careers exist in all industries and sectors. With the recent steady growth in the economy, human resource/personnel specialists will be sought across most industries as it is increasingly important for organisations to develop well-trained and motivated staff to reach its desired business outcomes.
Possible future job titles
Human Resource Manager, Human Resource Consultant, Personnel Officer, Training & Development Officer, Employment Relations Officer, Organisational Development Consultant, Management Consultant, Recruitment Consultant, Recruitment Manager.