International Business Major
Unit set overview
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|SBL2100||Cultural Business Intelligence||15|
|INB3202||International Business Project||15|
|INB3600||Business in Asia||15|
|Plus two (2) units from:|
|MAN3246||International and Comparative Human Resource Management||15|
|INB3700||International Business Study Tour||15|
|SBL1701||Business Mandarin 1||15|
|SBL2701||Business Mandarin 2||15|
|SBL1801||Business Japanese 1||15|
|SBL2801||Business Japanese 2||15|
Note: Students must study the language units together i.e. Business Japanese 1 and Business Japanese 2. Not Business Japanese 1 and Business Mandarin 1.
- Apply broad international business knowledge to a range of business situations, incorporating international/global/cultural perspectives.
- Access, analyse and critically evaluate relevant information to solve challenging international business problems systematically.
- Communicate international business knowledge, concepts and advice persuasively and clearly in both written and oral formats, using relevant technology.
- Collaborate effectively in team settings to produce measurable outcomes.
- Generate creative ideas for business innovations that respond to opportunities and constant change.
- Reflect on feedback and critique one's own performance in order to identify and plan opportunities for development.
- Value professional behaviours and/or personal citizenship that reflect an appreciation of the interrelationship between business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
Potential opportunities exist in administrative positions within international organisations across government, trade, banking and logistics.
Possible future job titles
Business Manager, Exporter & Importer, International Business Consultant, Trade Manager, Foreign Affairs & Trade Officer