Civil Engineering Major
Unit set overview
Availability & Campus
This Major has been Accredited by: Engineers Australia.
This professional recognition only applies when you study this Major in one of the following courses:
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|ENS2260||Surveying and Site Measurement||15|
|ENS2110||Materials and Manufacturing 2||15|
|ENS3190||Mechanics of Solids||15|
|ENS3242||Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering||15|
|ENS5190||Civil Engineering Design||15|
|ENS3208||Engineering Geology and Rock Mechanics||15|
|ENS5112||Construction Site Management||15|
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the underpinning natural and physical sciences and in depth understanding of specialist bodies of knowledge within the civil engineering discipline.
- Think critically, and apply established engineering methods and research skills to complex civil engineering problem solving.
- Apply systematic engineering synthesis and design processes to conduct and manage civil engineering projects, with some intellectual independence.
- Demonstrate conceptual understanding of the mathematics, numerical analysis, statistics and computer and information sciences which underpin the civil engineering discipline and fluently apply engineering techniques, tools and resources.
- Demonstrate clear and coherent oral and written communication in professional and lay domains.
- Demonstrate a global outlook and knowledge of contextual factors impacting the civil engineering discipline, including respect for cultural diversity and indigenous cultural competence.
- Demonstrate effective team membership and team leadership to implement engineering projects according to relevant standards of ethical conduct, sustainable practice and professional accountability.
- Demonstrate responsibility for own learning, professional judgement and an understanding of the scope, principles, norms, accountabilities and bounds of contemporary engineering practice.
Civil engineers have strong employment opportunities in many sectors of industry, including road and transport, construction, mining and resource, public utilities, defence, and consulting.
Possible future job titles
Civil Engineer, Structural Engineer, Transportation Engineer, Geotechnical Engineer, Water Resource Engineer