Sports Science Major
Provides students with the scientific knowledge of exercise, human movement and sport.
This major helps prepare students for professional roles in a variety of positions in the private, corporate and government sectors requiring personnel with high levels of competence in the area of health and fitness, elite sport, performance improvement, sports coaching, and sports science research.
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|MHS1101||Anatomy and Physiology 1||15|
|MHS1102||Anatomy and Physiology 2||15|
|SPS1111||Foundations of Fitness and Training||15|
|SPS2516||Motor Learning and Control||15|
|SPS3101||Psychology of Sport and Exercise||15|
|Plus one unit from:|
|SPS3502 ^||Advanced Biomechanics||15|
|SPS3505 ^||Advanced Exercise Physiology||15|
|SPS3111 ^||Physical Activity and Health||15|
|SPS3601 ^||Advanced Social Psychology of Exercise and Sport||15|
^ Core Option
For more detailed unit information for this Major take a look at our Handbook. To organise your life for next semester visit the Semester timetable.Student handbook
- Apply broad discipline knowledge to a range of exercise and sports science theoretical and practical situations.
- Communicate exercise and sports science knowledge, concepts and skills to a variety of populations.
- Demonstrate a global outlook in exercise and sport science situations, showing sensitivity for diversity.
- Demonstrate appropriate social and ethical values by working cooperatively and collaboratively in exercise and sports science settings.
- Demonstrate autonomy, accountability and initiative for own learning and professional practice.
- Think creatively to anticipate challenges and generate solutions in an exercise and sports science context.
- Think critically to analyse, interpret and solve complex exercise and sports science situations.
- Use digital technologies and literacies to assess, evaluate and synthesise relevant information from multiple sources.
Graduates are prepared for careers in the health, exercise, fitness and sport industries.
Possible future job titles
Personal Trainer, Sports Development Officer, Exercise Scientist, Physical Activity Officer, Sports Coach, Strength & Conditioning Coach, Sports Scientist