Through the leadership of the Associate Dean (Learning and Teaching) the Learning and Teaching Office is responsible for determining the strategic direction of learning and teaching within the Faculty of Education and Arts.
The office is also responsible for the following:
- co-ordination of the overall development of the academic program;
- promotion of quality learning and teaching policies and practices within the Faculty;
- the day-to-day review and approval of units and courses;
- co-ordination of the development and implementation of Faculty staff development programs associated with learning and teaching;
- chairing the Faculty Board of Examiners and the Faculty Curriculum Teaching and Learning Committee;
- co-ordination of Faculty Learning Advisors and the services they offer to enable student learning;
- being the Faculty contact for teaching staff on matters related to learning and teaching;
- liaison with relevant parties within the University regarding the application of educational technology for teaching and learning;
- faculty liaison with the library; and
- co-ordination of the collection of data and maintenance of relevant databases on unit outlines, student progress, courses and quality teaching.
Associate Dean (Learning and Teaching),
Associate Professor Mark McMahon
Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6434