Research and creative activity
The Faculty offers opportunities for research and postgraduate studies in the following areas of research strengths:
- communication, media studies, creative arts and writing;
- literacy, numeracy and science education, learning technologies, early childhood education, teacher development, leadership and school improvement;
- indigenous research methodologies applied in areas of health, education and social justice; and
- practice-led research in music, performance and visual arts.
Research students can be confident that they will receive first class support and career-building research training. If you're looking for information about our supervisors and research interest areas, head to our Researcher and Supervisor Database.
Our Faculty boasts one of the University's research institutes and many research centres. These centres provide the focus for research activity and a wide range of collaborations with other Australian and International research providers and research users.
The Faculty of Education and Arts is home to the following Research Centres:
- Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet
- Centre for Higher Education Teaching and Learning Research
- Centre for Research in Early Childhood (CREC)
- Centre for Research in Entertainment Arts Technology, Education and Communications (CREATEC)
- Centre for Schooling and Learning Technologies (CSaLT)
- Centre for Transformational Games
- Dance Research Centre
- Edith Cowan Institute for Education Research
- Fogarty Learning Centre
- Kurongkurl Katitjin – Centre for Indigenous Australian Education and Research
- Music Research Group
News & events
Professor Caroline Barratt-Pugh comments in the West Australian on this new trend in Early Childhood.
The Centre for Research in Early Childhood Education in the School of Education welcomed Early Years Professionals to a twilight session presented by Mike McKay.
CREATEC is putting the call out for papers for 'The Language of Plants: Science, Philosophy, Literature and Cinema' (forthcoming, 2015).
See more news
We are committed to providing a high level of service to staff and students undertaking research activities through the functions of the Faculty Research and Higher Degrees Support Team.
Our research is centered around our areas of research strength; education and social community; areas of opportunity; and communications and the arts. Our researchers are involved in various local, national and international projects, which gives our students access to an array of knowledge and learning experiences.
Our current research projects include;