To apply for a non award unit, you must complete an online application form through the Online Admission System and submit the following documents:
- Copies of your official academic transcripts and certificates (unless obtained from ECU). Web based print outs or Academic e-Records are not acceptable. These will be assessed to ensure you meet ECU's minimum academic and English entry requirements.
- Proof of change of name if your qualifications are held in a different name e.g. marriage certificate.
- If you are planning to study non award units at ECU to satisfy requirements for accreditation with a professional association/body (e.g. Legal Practice Board (LPB), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)), please include a copy of any assessment made by the association.
Please note: before submitting your application, you must check:
- The unit is available (check unit availability using our semester timetable).
- That you meet any prerequisites required for the unit (check prerequisites for units using our online handbook).
If the unit has a prerequisite, you may be required to provide further information to support a prerequisite waiver e.g. unit outline/unit plan for the equivalent unit or resume. Once your application has been processed you will be advised of the outcome by email.
Students of non award units are full fee paying students. Full payment is required up front before census date i.e. 31 March for Semester 1 and 31 August for Semester 2 units.
If a unit you enrol into is not required as a part of your course, and you can complete your course of study, satisfying all course requirements without having to take the additional unit, then that unit is treated as a non award unit.
This means for this unit, you will not be eligible for Commonwealth support or government assistance under the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) and the fees are payable upfront i.e. in case of eligible students, HECS or FEE HELP cannot be used to defer the fees.