Top of page
Global Site Navigation

Future Students

Local Section Navigation

Help us improve our content by rating this page.

Page rating system

Please tell us why your content rating for this page is low.
If you'd rather not, just click Submit.

You are here:
ECU is currently converting this web content to a more mobile friendly format. If you find the content below is not formatting correctly during this transition please view on desktop browser.
Main Content

Non award units

To apply for a non award unit, you must submit the following:

  • Application for Non Award Unit, ensuring all relevant information is provided including statistical details and the declaration is signed
  • Copies of any qualifications you have obtained (unless gained at ECU)
  • Copies of your marriage certificate/change of name if any of the qualifications are in a different name to your current name
  • If you are planning to study non award units at ECU to satisfy requirements for accreditation with a professional association/body (e.g. Legal Practice Board (LPB), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)), please include a copy of any assessment made by the association

Please note: before submitting your application, you must check:

  • The unit is available (Check unit availability using our semester timetable)
  • That you meet any prerequisites required for the unit (Check prerequisites for units using our online handbook).
If the unit has a prerequisite, please include the following with your application:
  • a copy of your academic transcript displaying the equivalent unit
  • a unit outline/unit plan for the equivalent unit showing details of topics covered
  • If you are seeking accreditation with a professional association/body, you should include a detailed and up-to-date resume outlining your professional experience in support of a prerequisite waiver

Once your application has been processed you will be advised of the outcome. If successful you will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment with further information on how to commence your studies with us via email and in the post.


Students of non award units are full fee paying students.

If a unit you enrol into is not required as a part of your course, then you can only enrol in that unit on a non award basis.

If you can complete your course of study, satisfying all course requirements, without having to take the additional unit then that unit is treated as a non award unit.

This means for this unit, you will not be eligible for Commonwealth support or government assistance under the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) and the fees are payable upfront i.e. in case of eligible students, HECS or FEE HELP cannot be used to defer the fees.

Skip to top of page