Top of page
Global Site Navigation

Future Students - Information for Non School Leavers

Local Section Navigation

Help us improve our content by rating this page.

Page rating system

Please tell us why your content rating for this page is low.
If you'd rather not, just click Submit.

You are here: Main Content

Other expenses

As a student, you will be responsible for purchasing text books and any equipment required for your course. The cost of these items varies widely from one course to another.

Other expenses that you may incur include food, parking, consumables such as stationery and photocopying, as well as transport costs to and from university, including any work placements or off‑campus activities.


Many units require you to purchase a text book(s) and/or course reader(s). The Co-Op Shop sells course and unit texts on our Joondalup, Mount Lawley and South West (Bunbury) Campuses as well as online.

Parking permits

Students who wish to park their car on ECU campuses are required to purchase a parking permit. For more information, visit the student parking permit webpage.

Don't forget!

You should also budget for textbooks, stationery, any required clothing (i.e. safety glasses, lab coats and etc), accommodation, travel to campus and expenses such as printing, photocopying and binding.

Purchasing second hand books and using public transport can assist you in saving on some costs.

Skip to top of page