Top of page
Global Site Navigation

Future Students - Information for Non School Leavers

Local Section Navigation

Help us improve our content by rating this page.

Page rating system

Please tell us why your content rating for this page is low.
If you'd rather not, just click Submit.

You are here: Main Content


Are you an Australian citizen or permanent resident and considering university study after some time away from formal education?

Will you be aged 20 or older in the year you'd like to commence studies?

If you answered "Yes" to these questions, you're what we call a 'non school leaver'.

Non school leavers can gain entry into many of our courses through alternative entry pathways.

On the page below you can search for a course, browse our 12 study areas, check out online courses and more.

Apply nowContact us

Experience and prior learning counts

You don't necessarily need a degree to apply for a postgraduate course, at ECU your real-life, industry experience can count! If you have a minimum of five years relevant professional experience, then you may be eligible for entry into one of our Graduate Certificate programs. More information.

We recognise your previous learning and experience

If you are applying for an undergraduate course and have completed previous tertiary study; or you've completed a Diploma or above at a Registered Training Organisation; or you have significant equivalent professional experience or professional qualifications; you may be eligible for advanced standing within your course.

Search for a course

Student stories

Quinn Wells Thumbnail

"The practicum experience I undertook was invaluable."

Quinn Wells

South West Nursing student

Study where it suits

Studying a course online is a great option for students, who for reasons such as distance, domestic responsibilities, work commitments or disability would prefer to study without attending one of our campuses for their classes.

Skip to top of page