We have a number of scholarships that can help ease this financial pressure and help you complete your university studies.
Scholarships are not loans, they provide funds that can be used to cover fees, living expenses, text books and other study-related costs, and are not expected to be repaid.
Our scholarships include those offered by the University itself, the Commonwealth Government, as well as those funded by corporate, institutional and private donors. They are available to a wide range of students, such as high academic achievers, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders, students from low socioeconomic backgrounds or rural and regional areas, and to students with disabilities.
Some of the scholarships available are:
- ECU Excellence Scholarships: Awarded to Western Australian Year 12 school leavers displaying outstanding academic excellence and endeavour, who nominate a higher education course at ECU as their first preference
- ECU Equity Scholarships: Assists students from designated equity groups who are enrolled in a Bachelor degree course with the costs associated with university study. Applications are sought from students from low socio-economic backgrounds, people with a disability or ongoing illness, people with significant caring responsibilities, or those from rural or regional areas
- Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships: Assists Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students with their education and/or relocation and accommodation costs
- ECU Vice-Chancellor's Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Scholarship: Open to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders who have successfully completed at least two semesters of full-time study (or the equivalent part‑time). The recipient is selected on the basis of academic merit, leadership and contribution to the community.
- ECU Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Scholarships: Assists Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students enrolled in a Bachelor degree course with the costs associated with university study.
- ECU South West Campus Scholarships: Awarded to Western Australian Year 12 school leavers who nominate a higher education course at ECU's South West Campus as their first preference.
- ECU Undergraduate Donor Scholarships: ECU has many donors who offer scholarships to support our students with their academic studies.
For more information about each scholarship and eligibility criteria on the scholarships available at ECU, visit the ECU Scholarships website.