Bon voyage to ECU students heading overseas
Thursday, 21 June 2012
ECU has farewelled its largest group of exchange students, with 39 students due to study at 28 different exchange partner universities across 11 countries next semester.
The countries include Canada, China, France, Greece, Hungary, Japan, the Netherlands, Sweden, Taiwan, the UK and the USA.
The University also bid bon voyage to 53 exchange and study abroad students as they head home after a semester at ECU.
The students came to ECU from a range of countries, including Belgium, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Norway, Sweden, the UK and the USA. They have been studying at ECU this semester as part of their home institution degrees.
Returning students shared their experiences with those about to head abroad, providing useful advice and handy hints.
ECU Vice-Chancellor Professor Kerry Cox attended the event to officially farewell the students and wish them all the best as they headed home, or embarked on a new adventure overseas.
ECU International Senior Study Abroad and Exchange Officer Natalie Ilott welcomed the Vice-Chancellor’s attendance. Also in attendance were Deputy Vice Chancellor (International) Professor Tony Watson and Dean International Professor Gensheng Shen
“We are very pleased to have Vice-Chancellor Professor Kerry Cox attend our farewell event to show the University’s support of our students who are taking on the challenge of studying overseas and adding an international dimension to their degree,” Ms Ilott said.
“They will all be great ambassadors for ECU in their host countries and we look forward to hearing their exchange stories on their return.”
“It was also great to see all of our study abroad and exchange students again and to hear about their semester at ECU and their time living in Perth."
“We can’t believe it is time to say goodbye to them all but we hope they have had a positive and rewarding study abroad experience with us and we wish them all safe travels back home. Bon voyage!”
Other ECU students who are participating in overseas programs in the coming months include:
- 17 ECU students participating in the two-week Sport Venues and Events tour to the USA;
- 20 ECU students participating in the two-week WAAPA Jazz summer school program at New York University in New York, USA;
- 11 ECU students participating in the five week WAAPA International Links tour across Europe;
- 15 ECU students participating in the 10 day Dance Festival in Taiwan;
- Five ECU students completing short study programs in France, Hong Kong and the UK; and
- Four ECU students participating in the one-week LEAP leadership program in California in the USA.
To find out more about studying overseas as part of your degree, visit the study overseas webpage.