Top of page
Global Site Navigation


Local Section Navigation

Help us improve our content by rating this page.

Page rating system

Please tell us why your content rating for this page is low.
If you'd rather not, just click Submit.

You are here:
ECU is currently converting this web content to a more mobile friendly format. If you find the content below is not formatting correctly during this transition please view on desktop browser.
Main Content

Our courses

Edith Cowan University offers courses that are relevant and practical, and often the only of their kind in Western Australia or Australia.

Course entry requirements

Course entry requirements are available through our minimum entry requirement page.

Course content

You can access course content, such as admission requirements, course locations, and course structure, through the International course guides as well as through Future students website. If you wish to get unit details, you can do so via the online handbook.

Study mode

You are permitted to study up to 25% of your course in the off-campus study mode (if this option is available) - Please visit the SIMO semester timetable to find information about unit study modes.

Note: If you are studying on student visa, you must always be enrolled in at least one on-campus unit during any compulsory teaching period.

Course fees

You would have received indicative information about your course fees in your offer letter. If you want to get more details about your fees, please visit the Online fees calculator. Please be aware that your total course cost is dependent on the units you select.

Course deferral/intermission

You may be permitted to defer/intermit your studies under limited circumstances. If you wish to defer/intermit your studies, you must complete the Request to Intermit from Course or Discontinue from Course and seek approval from a Student Connect Officer at Student Central. For more information on Deferrals/intermission, please visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).

Enrolment cancellation

Misconduct or unsatisfactory academic performance may result in your suspension or cancellation of your enrolment. ECU can also cancel your enrolment if you fail to pay your tuition fees. Please review the University rules to get more information on this matter. Please note that breaking your studies through deferment or cancellation may affect your Student Visa.


If you wish to apply for a refund, you must adhere to the International Student Tuition Fee Refund Policy, which applies to International Students on Australian Student Visas who cease studying at ECU. The purpose of the policy is to clarify your entitlement to refund of fees and relevant processes, as required under Commonwealth Government regulations. To apply for a refund, please complete the Application for refund of student fees.

Independent International Student Conciliator

The Department of Education Services (WA) offers a free mediation/conciliation service through the International Student Conciliator. The Conciliator attempts to resolve disputes between international students and institutions, as part of the institutions’ internal complaints and appeals procedure. For example, you may be dissatisfied with some aspect of the education that is being offered by the institution. Please visit our Complaint page for more information.


Skip to top of page