Top of page
Global Site Navigation


Local Section Navigation

Help us improve our content by rating this page.

Page rating system

Please leave a comment about your rating so we can better understand how we might improve the page.

You are here: Main Content


Browse the scenarios below to decide on which option is best for you if you require photography.

I need a photo for a presentation I am giving

If you only need filler photographs for a PowerPoint presentation, please refer to the ECU image gallery for an appropriate shot -

I need a photo for a flyer I am preparing

You need to be aware that there are corporate style guidelines for the preparation of flyers and brochures. For downloadable word templates for flyers, visit Once you have the template, check the ECU image gallery at for photo options. If there is nothing suitable and you need a new photo taken, you will need to commission a professional photographer. There are no preferred suppliers of photography, however we do use one photographer, Chris Kershaw on a regular basis.

Joondalup Photo-Design

I need a photo for our website

Check the ECU image gallery at If you require a high resolution photograph or it needs to be taken off-campus, you will need to organise a professional photographer (as above).

I need a photo for an ad

All advertising is co-ordinated through the Corporate Marketing Office, please contact your marketing account manager to discuss. Advertising photography needs to be professionally shot and in a particular style and is organised via the Corporate Marketing Office.

I want a photographer for an event I am organising

Depending on what the photos are to be used for, you may wish to consider hiring a professional photographer to cover your event (details above). Alternatively, if you don’t have access to a suitable camera and wish to cover the event yourself, Corporate Communications may be able to provide you with a loan camera.

Permission to use

All persons having their photos taken will need to sign a Photographic Release Form giving ECU permission to use their photos on the web. This form can be downloaded from the Office of Legal Services webpage.


Guidelines for images

The Marketing and Communications Services Centre has developed a set of image guidelines that relates to the capture, storage, supply and publishing of still images within ECU for activities outside of those categorised as educational purposes (i.e. informational, promotional or other commercial activities). Further information can be obtained by viewing the Image Guidelines document (ECU Staff Only).

Skip to top of page