Centre for Communications and Electronics Research
The Centre for Communications Engineering Research (CCER) focuses on innovative applied research that responds critically to various new applications and develops leading edge technologies on communication systems and networks to facilitate these applications.
The Centre has nationally and internationally recognised research strengths and expertise in:
- Optical networks
- Survivable network design
- Voice and video over wireless networks
- Wireless sensor networks
- Multimedia communications
- Signal and image processing.
Current projects at the Centre include:
- Video surveillance network for real-time central monitoring of passenger safety and security on public trains
- Throughput improvement in mobile WiMAX communications
- Localisation and tracking in wireless sensor networks
- Capacity design for multiple quality of protection in shared risk link group optical mesh networks
- Guaranteed quality of service for voice and video in wireless local area networks
- Quality of service and mobility in wireless sensor networks
- 2-D barcode design for mobile phone applications.
Members of the Centre have extensive industry experience and strong industry linkages, helping to align the research projects and their objectives to the current needs of the industry. The Centre's approach to collaborative research has developed an excellent platform, involving researchers from both academia and industry. The Centre has an excellent track record for research training of postgraduate students and attracts candidates from many parts of the world.
Professor Daryoush Habibi
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5787