Centre for Exercise and Sports Science Research
The Centre for Exercise and Sports Science Research (CESSR) conducts high-impact scientific research in the areas of biomechanics, physiology and psychology, with a specific emphasis on:
- Muscle damage and adaptation to exercise
- Strength and conditioning for health and athletic performance
- Sports and rehabilitation biomechanics
- Thermoregulation and neuromuscular fatigue
- Chronic disease and ageing
- Psycho-social aspects of sport and leadership.
The Centre is concerned with the holistic development of the individual, and aims to maximise health and physical performance from a multidisciplinary perspective. We have established significant local, national and international research collaborations, ensuring world-class research outcomes. Our state-of-the-art research facilities also cater for sports and exercise organisations in Perth, its northern corridor, and throughout Australia.
Associate Professor Anthony Blazevich
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5472