Population Health Research Group
"...draws together researchers in the broader population health domain."
The Population Health Research Group (PHRG) deals with the health of populations. PHRG members have national and international research linkages and have received international recognition for their work in the area of services coordination for victims of family and domestic violence.
Key research strengths within the PHRG include:
- Environmental health, including occupational/environmental health risk assessment
- Womens health, particularly family and domestic violence and reproductive issues
- Alcohol and other substance use
- Health services management
- Adult health promotion
- Occupational safety and health.
Members of the Group are actively involved in industry, government and professional groups in the area of road safety, prevention of and early intervention into family and domestic violence, child abuse and neglect, alcohol and other drug issues, environmental health and occupational hygiene. They work alongside the community to provide research and evidence to inform practice.
Dr Jacques Oosthuizen
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5876