At a glance
- The scholarships are open to:
- prospective students seeking to study an ECU undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree; and
- current ECU students intending to move to a new course of study after completing their current course (bachelor to master, for example).
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance of up to 20% of first-year tuition fees.
- Whilst ECU continues to offer this scholarship all eligible applicants will be awarded a scholarship.
- This scholarship is open to individuals who are prospective and current ECU students.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- have completed one of the following in Australia:
- Recognised University English course
- Study Abroad program
- Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Associate degree at any VET provider in Australia
- Undergraduate degree
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Master degree; or
- Off-shore AQF award
- be commencing study at ECU in semester 1, 2018 or semester 2, 2018;
- meet ECU’s academic direct admission requirements for the course of your choice;
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- be an International student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- intend to study an undergraduate degree or postgraduate coursework degree; and
- be studying at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West (Bunbury).
Terms and conditions
To receive this scholarship the following ongoing conditions apply.
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
- The scholarship recipient must be continuously enrolled in their original course of application and be in continuous good standing academically and financially to maintain their scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a full time enrolment of 60 credit points each semester or study period, unless otherwise approved by ECU.
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship covers a maximum of 20% of the first-year tuition fee up to a MAXIMUM of 120 credit points only.
- The scholarship funds can only be used for tuition fees and cannot not be used for any other student expense.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified.
- The scholarship can only be retained if a recipient defers their studies for a maximum of one semester.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship recipient must consent to their image being used by ECU for marketing and communication purposes and sign a talent release form to facilitate this.
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines, failure to do so may (in ECU's absolute discretion) negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of ECU. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of ECU.
How to apply for this scholarship
If we approve your ECU course application you’ll automatically be assessed for this scholarship by our Admissions Office. No separate scholarship application is required.
The Admissions Office will issue a separate letter relating to your scholarship, along with a Letter of Offer for your course, to confirm whether you’ve been successful.
Applying for an ECU Course
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents.
You can also apply online via the ECU Online Application Portal.
Please note that if you’re a citizen of India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh or Nigeria you must apply though an ECU Authorised Agent.
How to accept this scholarship
To accept your scholarship, you must:
- meet any conditions listed in your Letter of Offer;
- have met the admission requirements for your chosen course;
- accept your Letter of Offer by following the instructions provided;
- pay the indicative deposit and Overseas Student Health Cover requested in your Letter of Offer; and
- be aware of the dates and deadlines for completing any requirements in the Letter of Offer.
The scholarship can be revoked if the dates and deadlines are not met.
For more information