The Children’s Diabetes Centre is offering a full-time stipend, equivalent of $27,028 per annum for up to three years, to a candidate intending to study a PhD in Type 1 diabetes. The Centre's aim is to improve the lives of children, adolescents and young adults living with diabetes and their families. The primary objective is to generate significant new knowledge through clinical investigations, clinical trials, epidemiological studies, interventions, and qualitative research studies with a focus on translating this knowledge into the clinic and in the community.
At a glance
- This scholarship is open to individuals who are prospective and current ECU students.
- Please visit the Children's Diabetes Centre website for more information on their program of research that includes research in the areas of Type 1 diabetes technology, diet (nutrition), exercise, mental health and well being, economic analysis and epidemiological studies.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to Tanyana Jackiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- hold a Bachelor’s degree with first class Honours or Masters in a relevant areas such as science, medicine, public health, statistics, health economics, dietetics/nutrition, nursing, psychology or exercise physiology.
How to Apply
Please send your documents (listed below) as one PDF to Tanyana Jackiewicz.
- A one page introductory letter including:
- Your contact details;
- A statement addressing the eligibility criteria for this award;
- A 100 word summary of your Honours project or other research experience; and
- The contact details of two independent referees who can provide a reference for you regarding your academic achievements and research potential.
- A copy of your tertiary studies final academic record First Class Honours (or equivalent).
- A copy of your curriculum vitae (maximum three pages).
- A short statement outlining your interest in research in Type 1 diabetes (maximum one page).
You may enrol through your own institution (you will need to have a co-supervisor from your institution).
Forms and downloads
For more information