The ECU Malaysia Australia Colombo Plan Commemoration (MACC) Scholarship is open to high achieving Malaysian students intending to study a postgraduate coursework or research degree at ECU on-campus in Western Australia. The scholarship provides a 10% reduction in tuition fees for the duration of your course at ECU.
The MACC Scholarship Program is coordinated by the Malaysian Australian Alumni Council (MAAC), a national organisation for Malaysian Alumni Associations of Australian Universities and other institutions of higher learning, with the support of the Australian High Commission in Kuala Lumpur, Australian Trade Commission (Austrade), Education and the Australian Department of Education, Science and Training through the Australian Education International (AEI), and ECU.
At a glance
- You must not be a current ECU student to apply for this scholarship.
- Questions about this scholarship should be directed to email@example.com.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a Malaysian citizen who can demonstrate a high level of achievement in prior studies;
- intend to study a postgraduate coursework or research degree at ECU on-campus in Western Australia;
- be commencing study in Semester 1 or Semester 2, 2017;
- meet ECU’s English and academic direct admission requirements for the course of your choice;
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- not have a pending course application with ECU; and
- not be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen.
Terms and conditions
Receipt of the scholarship is contingent on the following ongoing conditions:
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU;
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements;
- Scholarship applicants must apply and accept their course offer within the time periods specified by ECU (if the course offer is not accepted within the stipulated deadline the scholarship offer will lapse);
- The scholarship recipient must be continuously enrolled in their original course of application and be in continuous good standing academically and financially to maintain their scholarship;
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion);
- The scholarship recipient must consent to their image being used by ECU for marketing and communication purposes and sign a talent release form to facilitate this;
- The scholarship recipient must be reasonably available to support ECU’s marketing and communications endeavours through attendance at key marketing events nominated by ECU; and
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines. Failure to do so will negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
How to apply
Students must apply at the Malaysia Australia Colombo Plan Commemoration (MACC) Scholarships website.
For more information
Visit the Malaysia Australia Colombo Plan Commemoration (MACC) Scholarships website.