In conjunction with the Emirates Group the University is offering the opportunity to undertake unpaid work placements with Emirates in Dubai, UAE, in 2018 and a one off payment of $5,000. The Emirates work placements will give ECU students the opportunity to obtain practical training and experience related to their discipline of study in one of the fastest growing cities in the world as well as gaining many personal, academic and professional advantages and the chance to make important industry contacts. In addition to the scholarship payment by ECU, Emirates will cover return airfares and contribute towards living expenses.
At a glance
- You must be a current ECU student to be eligible for this scholarship.
- You must be available to undertake the work placement in Dubai in the second half of 2018
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- have completed at least 180 Credit Points in your current course with a minimum WAM of 70%. Eligible courses and units of study include Security, Aviation and Law and Criminology.
- Selection will be based on your letter of support from an ECU Academic member of staff, your resume and your written statement (of no more than 500 words) describing why you wish to participate in the Emirates Work Placement Program, why you would be a good ECU ambassador on the program and the expected outcomes, both personal and academic, that you hope to gain from participation. Preference will be given to academic credit bearing placements however the scholarship may be offered for both credit-bearing and non-credit bearing placements, depending on the relevance to the course as determined by the relevant ECU Course Coordinator prior to submitting the scholarship application.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants may be required to attend interview/s.
How to apply
- Application is made via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal. Access to the portal is available between application opening and closing dates via this web page.
For more information
Please see the ECU firstname.lastname@example.org.