At a glance
- Applicants must be an international student who receives an offer; or a conditional offer, to commence study at ECU in 2020;
- ECU strives to give high achieving students the opportunity to pursue their ambitions and gain a world-class education. High achieving students from India and Pakistan who have met the below criteria are eligible for the Executive Deans 2020 Master of Engineering Scholarship;
- Applicants are able to package with ELICOS;
- Open to prospective international students (not current students); and
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance amounting to 10% (percent) off their tuition fees for the duration of their ECU course.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to AskUs
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of one of the countries identified above;
- be an International student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- meet a high level of academic achievement in your previous studies (as determined by ECU);
- study at ECU Joondalup Campus;
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- be issued an offer to study Masters of Engineering (I59) course from 3 October 2019;
- meet ECU’s direct academic entry requirements and commence study in the Master of Engineering (I59) in 2020.
Terms and conditions
The following ongoing conditions apply to this scholarship:
- The scholarship recipient must be in continuous good standing academically and financially.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a full time enrolment load of 60 credit points each semester or study period, and not defer their studies for more than one semester during their course.
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship funds can only be used for tuition fees and cannot be used for any other student expense. Scholarship funds will be applied on a unit-by-unit basis at the relevant census date.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified.
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines, failure to do so may negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
All scholarships are awarded at ECU’s discretion. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at ECU’s sole discretion. This scholarship may be withdrawn from offering by ECU at any time.
How to apply
If we approve your ECU course application you will automatically be assessed for this scholarship by our Admissions Office. No separate scholarship application is required.
The Admissions Office will issue a separate letter relating to your scholarship, along with a Letter of Offer for your course, to confirm whether you have been successful.
Applying for an ECU Course
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents. You can also apply online via the ECU Online Application Portal.
Please note that if you’re a citizen of India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh or Nigeria you must apply though an ECU Authorised Agent.
How to accept this scholarship
To accept this scholarship, you must:
- meet any conditions listed in your Letter of Offer;
- meet the entry requirements for your chosen course;
- accept your Letter of Offer by following the instructions provided;
- pay the indicative deposit and Overseas Student Health Cover requested in your Letter of Offer; and
- be aware of the dates and deadlines for completing any requirements in the Letter of Offer.
The scholarship can be revoked if the dates and deadlines are not met.