The International Accommodation Bursary will offer a 50% reduction of accommodation fees at the ECU Student Village Mount Lawley, a saving of over $2,500 AUD. Available to new international students who study on-campus at ECU in Semester 2, 2020.
At a glance
- Open to future international students who commence study in Semester 2, 2020 on-campus at either ECU Joondalup or ECU Mount Lawley.
- 50% reduction of accommodation fees at the ECU Student Village Mount Lawley, for stays until 1 December 2020.
- Available on a first come first served basis for rooms in a 5 or 6 bedroom shared apartment.
- The bursary will be awarded to new ECU applicants only and is available to the first 100 eligible applicants who accept their course offers between 1 June 2020 and 31 July 2020.
To be eligible for this bursary you must:
- be an international student (not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen);
- accept an offer between 1 June 2020 and 31 July 2020, to study on-campus at ECU Joondalup or ECU Mount Lawley in Semester 2, 2020;
- at all relevant times meet the entry and ongoing accommodation requirements of the ECU Student Village Mount Lawley; and
- not receive a government scholarship or industry sponsorship for your studies.
Terms and conditions
- The recipient must continue to meet the eligibility guidelines and these terms and conditions at the time of applying and throughout Semester 2, 2020.
- The recipient must be enrolled to study in 60 credit points in Semester 2, 2020.
- The recipient must be in continuous good standing academically and financially.
- ECU may, in its absolute discretion, cancel the bursary and require any amounts paid to the recipient to be refunded to ECU, if the recipient does not enrol in their units of study or pay their tuition fees by the relevant date(s) published by ECU.
- The recipient may become ineligible for the ongoing receipt of the bursary if they receive a government scholarship or industry sponsorship or another grant during the term of the bursary. Ongoing eligibility for the bursary in these circumstances is at ECU’s absolute discretion.
- The recipient must comply with ECU’s statutes, rules, by-laws, policies, procedures or other similar instruments, and with all applicable visa requirements.
- The recipient agrees to promptly notify ECU of any change of circumstances that my affect their ongoing eligibility.
- The bursary includes accommodation until 1 December 2020, for one bedroom and shared amenities in a 5 or 6 bedroom apartment at the ECU Student Village Mount Lawley.
All bursaries are awarded at ECU’s discretion. ECU reserves the right to revoke the bursary at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is false or misleading, or the recipient does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the bursary. In these circumstances, ECU may require any amounts paid to the recipient to be refunded to ECU.
ECU reserves the right to decline to award bursaries if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. This bursary may be withdrawn from offering by ECU at any time without notice.
How to apply
The International Accommodation Bursary will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis to the first 100 eligible applicants. ECU encourages applicants to contact ECU Student Village Mount Lawley at email@example.com to confirm room availability before accepting their offer. For students who have accepted an offer to study at ECU, accommodation can be booked by visiting the ECU Village website.
Applying for an ECU Course
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents.
You can also apply online via the ECU Online Application Portal.