The International Accommodation Scholarship recognises the cost of living in Australia in relation to other countries. The scholarship offers a 30% reduction in accommodation fees for a 22 week contract at the Mount Lawley campus accommodation at ECU. The scholarship will be awarded to the first 100 eligible applicants.
At a glance
The scholarships are open to:
- future international students applying for a 22 week contract for on-campus accommodation at Mount Lawley in a 5 / 6 bedroom apartment.
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance of 30 percent off Mount Lawley on-campus accommodation fees.
- The International Accommodation Scholarship will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. The scholarship will be awarded to the first 100 eligible applicants.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- be commencing study at ECU Joondalup in 2020;
- sign a 22 weeks contract with the Mount Lawley Campus ECU Village for a 5 or 6 bedroom apartment
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship; and
- be an International student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen.
Terms and conditions
To receive this scholarship the following ongoing conditions apply:
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
- The scholarship recipient must be continuously enrolled in their original course of application and be in continuous good standing academically and financially to maintain their scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a full time enrolment of 60 credit points each semester or study period, unless otherwise approved by ECU.
- The scholarship covers a maximum of 30% (percent) off a 22 week contract at Mount Lawley campus accommodation fees.
- The scholarship is for 5 or 6 bedroom apartments.
- The scholarship funds can only be used for campus accommodation fees and cannot not be used for any other student expense.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of ECU. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of ECU.
How to apply
The International Accommodation Scholarship will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. The scholarship will be awarded to the first 100 eligible applicants.
To apply, go to the ECU Village website and click “apply now”.
For more information