At a glance
- Applicants must be an international student who receives an offer, or a conditional offer, to commence study at ECU in 2020;
- Students who meet ECU standard course entry from Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Bhutan, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Faeroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, Norway, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russian Federation, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, The Philippines, Tonga, Turkey, UK, United Arab Emirates, USA, Vietnam are eligible for International Undergraduate Scholarship;
- Applicants are able to package with ELICOS;
- Open to prospective students (not current students); and
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance amounting to 20% (percent) off their tuition fees for the duration of their ECU course.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of one of the countries identified above;
- be an International student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- study at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West (Bunbury) Campus;
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- not have received a Certificate of Enrolment (CoE) from ECU in any course on or before 18 July 2019;
- commence study at ECU in 2020;
- meet ECU’s direct academic entry requirements for the course of your choice;
- study an undergraduate bachelor degree (excluding Bachelor of Science (Nursing) C33; Bachelor of Science (Nursing)/Bachelor of Science (Midwifery) (Y76) and Bachelor of Science (Paramedical) K89).
Terms and conditions
The following ongoing conditions apply to this scholarship:
- The scholarship recipient must be in continuous good standing academically and financially.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a full time enrolment load of 60 credit points each semester or study period, and not defer their Studies for more than one semester during their course.
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship funds can only be used for tuition fees and cannot be used for any other student expense. Scholarship funds will be applied on a unit-by-unit basis at the relevant census date.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified.
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines, failure to do so may negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
All scholarships are awarded at ECU’s discretion. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at ECU’s sole discretion. This scholarship may be withdrawn from offering by ECU at any time.
How to apply
How to apply for this scholarship
If we approve your ECU course application you’ll automatically be assessed for this scholarship by our Admissions Office. No separate scholarship application is required.
The Admissions Office will issue a separate letter relating to your scholarship, along with a Letter of Offer for your course, to confirm whether you’ve been successful.
Applying for an ECU Course
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents.
You can also apply online via the ECU Online Application Portal.
How to accept this scholarship
To accept your scholarship, you must:
- meet any conditions listed in your Letter of Offer;
- have met the entry requirements for your chosen course;
- accept your Letter of Offer by following the instructions provided;
- pay the indicative deposit and Overseas Student Health Cover requested in your Letter of Offer; and
- be aware of the dates and deadlines for completing any requirements in the Letter of Offer.
The scholarship can be revoked if the dates and deadlines are not met.
For more information