These scholarships are designed to support postgraduate students of outstanding research promise undertaking a Doctor of Philosophy program within the School of Engineering at ECU. The scholarship is offered on the basis of academic merit and research performance. The scholarship includes a stipend of $26,000 per annum for up to three years, paid fortnightly via electronic funds transfer.
At a glance
- This scholarship is open to individuals who are prospective and current ECU students.
- In order to apply for this scholarship you must have a course application in the ECU system;
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Have been made an unconditional offer of place in a Doctor of Philosophy within the School of Engineering at ECU*
And at least one of the following:
- Completed an Australian first class Bachelor Honours Degree (H1)*.
- Completed a Master’s Degree with the equivalent of at least six months full time research and a minimum course weighted average of 70%*.
- A current research doctoral enrolment with a timely Confirmation of Candidature.
- Produced at least one of the research outputs below as the sole or first author:
- refereed article in a scholarly journal
- refereed full written conference publication
- scholarly research book or book chapter
- commissioned or peer reviewed creative work, or refereed exhibition of creative artefacts
- creative or design work that has received respected public/industry reviews in state or national/international media
- creative or design work that is the recipient of a grant from authorised philanthropic trusts and/or state and federal arts funding body
Special exemption from the above requirements may be granted by the Associate Dean (Research) of the relevant School where an adequate case has been made by a potential supervisor.
*If you have submitted an application for course entry and have not yet been issued an offer, you can apply for this scholarship and your application will be assessed conditional on achieving the minimum requirements.
You are not eligible to apply for this scholarship if any of the below apply:
- You have completed an Australian Research Doctorate Degree or equivalent.
- You are have been in receipt of an Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) scholarship within the last two years.
Terms and conditions
How to apply
For more information