The South West (Bunbury) Campus International Accommodation Scholarship recognises the cost of living in Australia in relation to other countries. The scholarship offers 100% reduction in accommodation fees for the ECU Student Village at the ECU South West Campus. The scholarship will be awarded to the first six eligible applicants who commence study in Semester 1, 2019.
At a glance
- You must be an International student commencing your first year of study in one of the following courses; the Bachelor of Science (Environmental Management and Conservation Biology) (Y86), Bachelor of Social Work (K41), Bachelor of Science (Nursing Studies) (Y61), Bachelor of Science (Nursing) (C33), Bachelor of Science (Exercise an Sports Science) (M89), or a Bachelor of Health Science (K97) at ECU's South West (Bunbury) Campus in Semester 1, 2019.
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance of 100% (percent) off on-campus accommodation fees at ECU Village Bunbury for 22 or 44 weeks.
- Additional fees such as utilities, application fee, security deposit or any other fees are excluded from the scholarship.
- Successful students will have their accommodation account paid for them, in place of receiving the funding directly.
- The scholarship will be awarded to the first six eligible applicants only, on a first come, first served basis.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- be an International student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- be commencing the first year of your Undergraduate Engineering degree at ECU's South West (Bunbury) Campus in semester 1, 2019;
- sign a 22 week or 44 week contract with ECU Village Bunbury for a six bedroom apartment; and
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship.
Terms and conditions
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
- The scholarship recipient must be continuously enrolled in their original course of application and be in continuous good standing academically and financially to maintain their scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a full time enrolment of 60 credit points each semester or study period, unless otherwise approved by ECU.
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship provides financial assistance of 100% (percent) off accommodation fees for the first year (22 weeks or 44 weeks) at ECU Village Bunbury.
- The scholarship excludes additional fees such as utilities, application fee, security deposit or any other fees.
- The scholarship is for six bedroom apartments only.
- The scholarship funds can only be used for campus accommodation fees and cannot not be used for any other student expense.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship recipient must consent to their image being used by ECU for marketing and communication purposes and sign a talent release form to facilitate this.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of ECU. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of ECU.
How to apply
The scholarship will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. The scholarship will be awarded to the first six eligible applicants.
To apply, please email Sharee Bentley at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
For more information
Please visit the ECU Village Bunbury website.
Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com.