Top of page
Global Site Navigation


Local Section Navigation
You are here: Main Content

The Kate Mullin Education Scholarship

Kate Mullin was a passionate and visionary ESL Literacy consultant who made significant and far reaching contributions to Indigenous literacy in Western Australia. Kate worked with the Aboriginal Independent Community Schools (AICS) introducing Scaffolding Literacy to young Indigenous readers in WA with excellent results. Tragically she died in a car accident in 2008. The Kate Mullin Association was set up to continue Kate’s work on improving literacy outcomes for Indigenous students. The Kate Mullin Education Scholarships are aimed at assisting future students from regional or remote communities or future students with a passion to work in regional or remote Aboriginal communities once completing their degree. The Scholarship will provide a $5000 payment per year for the duration on the course (up to 4 years).

Important dates

Opens: 1-03-2020 Closes: 1-04-2020

Applies to

Domestic Undergraduate Coursework

At a glance

  • This scholarship is open to individuals who are prospective and current ECU students.
  • Open to students commencing or completing their first year of the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood or Primary Studies)  in Semester 1, 2019.

Eligibility guidelines

In order to be eligible to apply, you must:

  • be an Australian Citizen;
  • be commencing or completing the first year of the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood or Primary Studies) in Semester 1, 2019;
  • not be in receipt of another scholarship or sponsorship.

How to apply

Application is made via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal.

Access to the portal is available between application opening and closing dates.

You are required to provide a written statement demonstrating how you intend to use your qualification to assist in regional and remote communities and articulating any interest you have in contributing to the improvement of literacy in English for Aboriginal students. You are also required to provide a Personal Reference to support your application.

More information

For more information place contact

Skip to top of page