At a glance
- Open to prospective offshore international students (not current students) who receive an offer to study an ECU course, commencing study online in Semester 2, 2020.
- Available for select courses as listed in the eligibility guidelines below.
- Recipients will receive financial assistance amounting up to 30% (percent) off their tuition fees for Semester 2, 2020 only.
- Applicants are eligible to apply for other scholarships if they commence on campus in 2021.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an offshore international student (and not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen);
- meet ECU’s direct academic entry and English entry requirements;
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship; and
- between 1 June 2020 and 31 July 2020, accept an offer to study online, one of the following selected courses, commencing in Semester 2, 2020:
School of Arts and Humanities (30% scholarship applies)
- W63 - Bachelor of Media and Communication
- W64 - Bachelor of Design
School of Business and Law (30% scholarship applies)
- K93 - Bachelor of Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Y29 - Bachelor of International Hotel & Resort Management
- W23 - Bachelor of Commerce
- Y99 - Bachelor of Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations
- L98 - Master of Finance & Banking
- L75 - Master of Human Resource Management
- L71 - Master of Information Management Systems
- L89 - Master of International Hospitality Management
- L42 - Master of Marketing & Innovation Management
- I78 - Master of Supply Chain & Logistics Management
- J52 - Master of Business Administration International
- L94 - Master of Business Administration
- L99 - Master of Project Management
- L97 - Master of Professional Accounting
School of Education (20% scholarship applies)
- J89 - Master of Education (Advanced)
School of Engineering (20% scholarship applies)
- Y62 - Bachelor of Technology (Engineering)
- Y73 - Bachelor of Technology (Aeronautical)
- K99 - Bachelor of Aviation
- Y50 - Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical) Honours
- Y28 - Bachelor of Engineering (Civil and Environmental) Honours
- Y13 - Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) Honours
- Y47 - Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Systems) Honours
- W21 - Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Renewable Energy) Honours
- Y49 - Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Power) Honours
- Y51 - Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics and Communications) Honours
- Y46 - Bachelor of Engineering (Instrumentation Control and Automation) Honours
- Y45 - Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) Honours
- Y44 - Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronics) Honours
- W17 - Bachelor of Engineering (Petroleum Engineering) Honours
- I59 - Master of Engineering
School of Medical and Health Science (30% scholarship applies)
- K97 - Bachelor of Health Science
- I62 - Master of Public Health
School of Nursing (30% scholarship applies)
School of Science (30% scholarship applies)
- U65 - Bachelor of Computer Science
- Y89 - Bachelor of Science (Cyber Security)
- U67 - Bachelor of Information Technology
- I45 - Master of Computer Science
- J48 - Master of Environmental Science
- L33 - Master of Cyber Security
School of Science (20% scholarship applies)
- Y39 - Bachelor of Science (Environmental Management)
Terms and conditions
The following ongoing conditions apply to this scholarship:
- The recipient must continue to meet the eligibility guidelines and these terms and conditions at the time of applying and throughout Semester 2, 2020.
- The recipient must be in continuous good standing academically and financially.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to another course without ECU’s permission (which may be withheld in ECU’s absolute discretion).
- The scholarship can only be used for tuition fees and cannot be used for any other student expense. The scholarship will be applied directly by ECU on a unit-by-unit basis at the relevant census date.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU location or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer, enrol in their course, or pay their deposit, by the relevant date(s) specified.
- Commencement of the scholarship cannot be deferred.
- The recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines. Failure to do so may negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure may revert to full-fee international tuition.
- The recipient may become ineligible for the ongoing receipt of the scholarship if they receive a government scholarship, industry sponsorship or another ECU scholarship or grant during their offshore studies. Ongoing eligibility for the scholarship in these circumstances is at ECU’s absolute discretion.
- The recipient must comply with all applicable requirements under ECU’s statutes, rules, by-laws, policies, procedures or other similar instruments, and with all applicable visa requirements.
- The recipient must promptly notify ECU of any change of circumstances that may affect their ongoing eligibility to receive the scholarship.
All scholarships are awarded at ECU’s discretion. ECU reserves the right to revoke a scholarship at any time if a student is found to have provided information that is false or misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing scholarship conditions.
ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded is at ECU’s sole discretion. This scholarship may be withdrawn from offering by ECU at any time.
How to apply
If we approve your ECU course application, you’ll automatically be assessed for this scholarship by our Admissions Office. No separate scholarship application is required.
The Admissions Office will issue a separate letter relating to your scholarship, along with a Letter of Offer for your course, to confirm whether you’ve been successful.
Applying for an ECU Course
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents.
You can also apply online via the ECU Online Application Portal.
How to accept this scholarship
To accept your scholarship, you must:
- meet any conditions listed in your Letter of Offer including any applicable deadlines;
- meet the direct entry Course requirements and any other applicable admission requirements imposed by ECU’s statutes, by-laws, rules, policies and procedures;
- accept your Letter of Offer by following the instructions provided; and
- pay the indicative deposit in the Letter of Offer.